Archive
2020
14 - 22 Sep 2020
Module 1 - Agricultural Commodities and Sustainability Certification
12 - 20 Oct 2020
Module 2: Renewable Energy, Climate Change and Food Security
Login
Error
Username
Password
Forgot Password?
Reset Password
Error
Username / Email
Register
Error
Name *
Username / Email *
- Please insert a valid email as your username.
Password *
Confirm Password *
Company
Country
* Required
IPOSC
ORGANIZED BY:
Module 1 - Agricultural Commodities and Sustainability Certification:
Integrating Sustainability and Circular Economy in Palm Oil’s Supply Chain – Neste’s Perspective
Ms. Päivi Makkonen
Päivi Makkonen is currently Head of Supply Chain Sustainability at Neste. Neste is the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel and renewable jet fuel refined from waste and residues. Before joining Neste in November 2019, she worked in the forest industry in various sustainability management positions for over 10 years, most recently as VP Sustainability at Metsä Group. Prior to her role in sustainability, she has held several technical marketing and sales positions in the paper and pulp industry.
VIEW PROFILE
Neste is the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel refined from waste and residues, introducing renewable solutions also to the polymers and chemicals industries. We are in the business of combating climate change.

Our portfolio of more than 10 sustainable renewable raw mat erials are traceable back to their place of origin. In recent years, Neste has focused on increasing the use of waste and residue raw materials formed in industrial processes, such as waste animal fat or fatty acid distillates, such as PFAD. They account for approximately 80% of our annual renewable raw material usage. Sustainably produced, fully traceable and certified palm oil accounts for the rest, approximately 20%.

Neste has a strict process to ensure that all our suppliers are committed to our sustainability requirements. Our Supplier Code of Conduct, that we renewed in 2020, strengthens our approach to environmental impact and climate change. Our renewable raw material suppliers are additionally required to meet the requirements of the Neste Responsible Sourcing Principle.

Neste's traceability dashboard provides detailed information on key aspects of our palm oil and palm fatty acid distillate (PFAD) supply chains. In 2017 we set a new public target to map our PFAD supply chain 100% to oil palm plantations by 2020, reaching 71% in 2019.

Our overall approach to sustainability due diligence is to work with our suppliers to drive positive practices and mutually enhance sustainability performance through continuous engagement, collaboration, and improvement.
REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW FULL REPORT
REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW PRESENTATION SLIDES
Questions & Answers
Please login to post comments.
822 active users
0 currently online
Member's Login
Error
Username
Password
Forgot Password?